Comon Enemies March takeover continues with STOREE releasing his third single for his newly entitled album "Next Generation". The Baltimore emcee teams up with DC artists Cayan & Nike Nando for another EPIC BANGER.
Okay peoples of the Internet. Now that the 21 Choices video has launched, a new (no assembly required) contest is afoot. A fine facebookless fellow suggested a contest where whoever writes the most ridiculous review for 21 Choices on either iTunes or Amazon (mp3s) will win a custom Legoman trophy he has generously offered to design. To quote him, Legoland is "In his backyard." He even offered to make Legodudes for first, second, and third place. To sweeten the pot, there will even be added a Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer for the first place winner.
Remember the Boondocks? Then you will enjoy our latest interview with DMV emcee Ezko. We talked about the origin of his name, upcoming projects and of course we got a freestyle. You know the drill...Relax and Listen!
Writers Guild: "Effigy" - Random, Mr. Miranda, MC Pennywise & More!
Sliding into Austin, Texas for his landmark appearances at SXSW, Random, RoQy and The Writer Guild team up to create their newest track, Effigy. Produced buy AZ's Mute and addressing life's struggles to live up to other peoples expectations and dreams... Effigy is a wonderfully laid back Hip Hop track laced in guitar riffs and drums with wonderful lyricism coming from every member of The Writers Guild Collective. Available for free download on Bandcamp, its easily accessable and ready for you to share with your friends.
Music Icon Sly Stone's 70th Birthday Celebrated Today!
Courtesy Rebecca N.
Today marks Legacy Recordings' Artist of the Month, Sly Stone’s 70th Birthday! A visionary musician, composer and bandleader whose work transformed the 1960s and ’70s in ways that are still influencing generations of musicians in America and around the world, Sly Stone brought the funk into the mainstream by pushing aside every preconceived boundary of pop music.
Celebrate Sly & The Family Stone this month with a new poster design contest at Creative Allies. Design a funky, brightly colored poster for inspired by the song titles that accompanied so many of the group's famous recordings for a chance to win $500.
1. INTRO /ROSS SPEAKS prod. by HIGH STAKES
2. LAWYER FEES (2013) FT. RICK ROSS, FRENCH MONTANA prod. by THE MECKANICS
3. ITS WRITTEN FT. ACEHOOD prod. by THE MECKANICS
4. TURNT UP prod. by THE MECKANICS
5. ERRDAY FT. MR. LEE prod. by MR. LEE
6. FAMILIAR FACES FT. A-LIVE prod. by THE MAGNIFICENT BEATS
7. ROLL UP FT. ZIGGI prod. by THE MECKANICS
8. FLY SHIT FT. OSIRUS prod. by HIGH VOLUME
9. KEEPIN IT GANGSTA FT. URBAN MYSTIC prod. by THE MECKANICS
10. PRAY prod. by THE MAGNIFICENT BEATS
11. HEAD SHOT FT. GUNPLAY, 40. CAL prod. by THE MECKANICS
12. FREQUENT FLIER prod. by THE MECKANICS
13. WAY TOO FADED FT. ZIGGI prod by THE MECKANICS
14. F#*K FRIENDS FT. TORI LANEZ prod. by THE MECKANICS
15. SALUTE FT. NARDO STEEL prod by DRUMMA BOY
16. BAGGIN DOPE prod. by THE MECKANICS
17. THE 5th prod. by THE MECKANICS
18. EARLY FT. 8 BALL prod. by T BERRY
19. MADE IT FT. FALLON prod by THE MECKANICS
SK: "I'm making a fan generated concert video at this show, I'll announce the song before I perform it and everybody in attendance can break out their cameras/phones/whatever to record. For more info & to join camera crew click below."