An artist for Hip Hop purists, Arise King David has served the UK Hip Hop scene for over a decade with versatile flows, conscious content and some of the hardest beats out there. Born in London to Ghanaian parents, Arise King David has been steadily building his repertoire over the years, known as an Executive Producer at the former Hip Hop label Strictly Bizzness. Under the names Flawless and then Darknight, his MC'ing talents have seen him share stages with Akon, The Game and more as well being championed by DJ 279 on Choice FM and Tim Westwood on his BBC Radio 1 show.
Following a hiatus in 2006 to focus on gaining a qualification in sound engineering and music tech, King David went on to co-found DM Sound Design Ltd a company specialising in audio post production, music composition and sound design for TV, film, radio and computer games. During this period King David worked on a number of projects including the Cannes Film Festival 'Short Film Corner' award nominated film 'I DO' and most recently 'ZION' a film by Sheila Nortley winner of the 'Best Film' and 'Best Screenplay' awards at the Spartan Lense Film Festival, Norfolk Virginia.
Now Arise King David drops his debut solo project, 'Free Music' a future UK classic that took a year and a half to craft and nurture it. This project stays true to Hip-Hop music and expresses itself freely without trying to fit into the mass market image of what Hip-Hop music is. This self produced project features gust beats from the acclaimed Kosyne of Eatgood Records, DJ Slademan and Chairman Maf. Cuts come from DJ SRG (Poland's finest!) and DJ279, plus guest artist appearances from Skriblah Dan Gogh (Terra Firma), Imam Thug, Phoenix Da Icefire (Triple Darkness) and Tommy Bunnz to name but a few. This is one to satisfy the appetite of Hip Hop lovers, not just in the UK but worldwide.
01. Free Music Intro (Produced by King David)
02. Who Knows? Feat. Otema (Produced by King David)
03. On This (Produced by King David)
04. Revolution Poem (Performed by The Poet)
05. Lamenting (Produced by King David)
06. Do What You Want (Produced by DJ SRG)
07. Call You Later Feat. Tommy Bunnz & Eunice (Produced by King David)
08. In Chains Poem (Performed by The Poet)
09. Free Music - Bustin Out (Produced by Young Soul)
10. Nourishment (Produced by Kosyne)
11. Nkrumah Salute (Produced by King David)
12. Broken Star (Produced by Mutos Da Beat Phantom)
13. Commonwealth Poem (Performed by The Poet)
14. These People Feat. Nightpro (Produced by Chairman Maf)
15. Crushed Ice (Produced by King David)
16. Trichotomy Feat. Phoenix Da Icefire & Skriblah Dangogh (Produced by DJ Slademan)
17. Man Dem Feat. Stealth MC & Manic (Produced by King David)
18. Simple - It's Not A Thing Feat. Imam Thug (Produced by King David / Cuts by DJ 279)
19. Comfort Zone Feat. Manic & Kayosoul (Produced by King David)
20. This Is The Day Outro (Produced by King David)
Disctrict 78 remixed Jay Z's new album Magna Carta in its entirety in one feverish week. The remix album is available for sale using Legitmix's innovative technology, which seamlessly recreates District 78's remixes on your computer using your iTunes copies of the Jay Z tracks. Check it below, post and cop if you like it.
Since beginning his "Ill Mind Of Hopsin" video series 4 years ago, Funk Volume Records co-founder Hopsin has already racked up nearly 120 million views to his YouTube channel, in addition to seeing his label thrust into the spotlight with the recent explosive success of artists Dizzy Wright and Jarren Benton.
Video: Uptown XO (of Diamond District) - "Finding My Way"
Diamond District emcee Uptown XO releases the video version of his first single "Finding My Way" from the album "Colour de Grey". A.B. The Pro produces the track adding a percussive funk loop to XO's introspective lyrical mood. Meanwhile, XO explores all he's been through in life - from childhood evictions and lost memories, to the battle for his soul.
D-Town up comer Ray Reed recently dropped his latest mixtape Universes earlier this month. Serving as the first single is "Blessed" featuring Funk Volume's Dizzy Wright and is produced by K.O. Treezy. The song is about being "Blessed" by the struggles of coming up and not by having money and material things.
Southside Chicago rapper Chi City presents his new Kajmir Beats-produced single "Ordinary Girl", featuring Universal Republic artist and fellow Chicago native YP. With over nine underground tapes bearing his name – his last being 2011′s Who Is Chi City – Chi has collaborated with Cory Gunz, Mullyman and has toured with Philadelphia Freeway, Mickey Factz, Mikey Halsted and Daytona.