Here is my official update for the month of June. This is a very significant month for me!!! My wife Nikki celebrates her birthday on the 16th - and then we celebrate our 7th year wedding anniversary on the 29th. In honor of those two events I'm not doing any traveling for the rest of this month. It will be good to stay in one place for awhile. In May I spent 10 days touring the Midwest and Eastcoast. Last weekend I drove to L.A. with my wife and Theory Hazit for some shows. I love performing and would willingly do it every day, but the traveling gets exhausting. Below are some BULLET POINT type updates. It's 1 AM and I just finished recording a feature appearance for Teddy P.
1. T-SHIRTS: I just printed a fresh batch of "Braille Stencil" shirts. Since I've been touring so much this year, I decided it was time to start making some merch. I had a good talk with my friends Odd Thomas and Propaganda. They definitely helped convince me, so I wasted no time. I'm rocking the new shirt in my profile picture on both Myspace and Facebook. Check it out and if your interested in purchasing one then hit me up. I have sizes S-XXL. The cost is only $20 (US shipping included) and you can pay using paypal or check/money order in the mail. My goal is to come out with one new shirt every month. I will just be printing small batches, usually less then 100 total. I will ship out the shirts the SAME DAY payment arrives. I've already sold about HALF of what I printed of this first shirt. Thanks to everyone for the support and hit me up if you want to get one.
2. EASTCOAST TOUR: I plan on doing a short 7 day run of shows on the Eastcoast in July. It's sort of a late notice and so far I've only booked the Philadelphia show. If your interested in setting up an event with me in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, New York City, Buffalo, New Jersey or Baltimore then hit me up right away.
3. PERSONAL: On a personal note I've been meeting up with some pastors from my church lately and taking time to grow. I've been striving to be the best husband and father that I know how to be, but beyond my own efforts - I'm learning new things in those areas. Trying to approach those areas of my life with a deeper sense of humility, submission and service. It starts with my family but the intent is to have it pour over into all my relationships. Just stepping out of my own "world" (I have a busy mind) and spending more time seeking to understand other people rather then seeking to be understood. Keep me and my family in your prayers during this time of growth.
4. SOJOURN: This weekend I rocked three shows with Sojourn. It was great seeing him in action and it got me really excited to start pushing his album. My good friend Milton (Ohmega Watts) is planning to finish the artwork for Sojourn's album next week. Once we have the artwork finished, we are going to set up an official release schedule for this album. I wish I could have put it out sooner but I needed to really re-structure my life as a man who sometimes wears to many hats. I want to give Sojourn my best effort as a label, and in order to do that I need to have an organized game plan.
5. SKEPTICOLD: On June 17th we will be doing the "Skepticold" video premier party in Portland, OR. It's a free event and you can get more details at braillehiphop.com. We also plan to release the video ONLINE June 18th. If you'd like to feature the "Skepticold" video on your website or blog then please hit me up a.s.a.p.
I think that will cover it for now. God's grace and provision has been so awesome in my life lately. Feel free to hit me up anytime. Peace - ......
Thank you, from Braille and the Hiphop Is Music team.
www.braillehiphop.com | www.hiphopismusic.com
Read 519 times::
Subscribe to News by Email
© RapReviews.com, a Flash Web Design Exclusive