From Audible Treats:
Video: Kero One's Guide to San Francisco 06.19.2009
Hip-Hop Artist Gives Us A First Person Tour Around His Bay Area Hometown
Critical Praise for Kero One:
"Kero makes hip-hop that’s not incredibly experimental yet it carries a consistently solid “kick-back-and-chill” type of resonance." - Remix Magazine
"Music Vibes: 9 of 10" - RapReviews.com
"The production on Early Believers is beautiful." - LeisureLab.com
"Kero relies on excellent production, live instrumentation and honest lyrics from his point of view to make an album that flows from start to finish and will most likely end the year in more than a few top ten lists." - Evolving Music.com
Kero One, a long time resident of the San Francisco Bay area, recently visited a few of his favorite local hot spots and filmed the tour for the benefit of his fans who may not be familiar with the City by the Bay. Kero lets us in on the places he frequents, all of which, not surprisingly, seem like necessary stops for a musician: places to buy a record, places to get one of SF's famous burritos, and places to see live music. As he leads us from an overlook of the Bay to the Poleng Lounge, a suspiciously Kero One-like soundtrack keeps us swaying in our seats as we're treated to a look of the real San Francisco.
* http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=305284383&s=143441 *
* http://www.amazon.com *
* http://www.kero1.com/wordpress *
Former web designer by day and rapper/producer/DJ by night, Kero One, stands as a true testament to the do-it-yourself success story. His early career was marked by endless hours of researching, cold calling, and networking to gain exposure for his debut, self produced project Windmills of the Soul. Persistence paid off with a little help from fate when one of the 50 copies of his album was picked up in a tiny record store in Tokyo, Japan. Success was immediate, as Windmills of the Soul became a hit overnight, which opened the floodgates for international touring and performance opportunities. Three years later, after a Best Hip Hop Album of 2006 award and collabos with Talib Kweli and Mark Farina, Kero One is back with his sophomore album entitled Early Believers, via his label, Plug Label. Modulating from soulful jazz tinged tracks to upbeat synth-driven party bangers, Kero One features some his favorite vocalists such as Giles Peterson protégé UK singer Ben Westbeech, Finland's own modern day "Stevie Wonder," and Portland's Ohmega Watts. Early Believers is available everywhere now. Web editors contact Michelle to speak to Kero.
Kero One's Guide To San Francisco
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai6uhL51I3c *
Talib Kweli - "Keep It In The Pocket" Kero One Remix
* http://media.audibletreats.com/Talib-Keep_It_In_The_Pockets_Kero_One_Remix.mp3 *
Behind The Scenes of "When The Sunshine Comes"
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l94rMPlvkpw *
"When The Sunshine Comes"
* http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=55114826 *
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atDtWO2o4p8 *
* http://media.audibletreats.com/Kero_One-When_The_Sunshine_Comes.mp3 *
Will.i.am Give props to Kero
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD_M395n1f8 *
"Welcome to the Bay"
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY39XNcXFKM *
* http://media.audibletreats.com/KERO_ONE-Welcome_to_the_Bay.mp3 *
* http://www.myspace.com/keroone *
Read 414 times::
Subscribe to News by Email