Braille - Back on the Saddle
Hello universe!!! I've spent the last couple months doing a lot of self evaluation and growth. It was sparked due to some circumstances and trials I was facing but it ultimately ended up being beneficial. With some situations in life, no matter how difficult they are, we either allow them to rob us of our purpose, passion and personality - or use it to strengthen the foundation of who we are. I've found myself operating with more clarity then I've had in a long time. I'm reading more, exercising more, being more patient and taking life one day at a time. Below are some pretty exciting updates, check it out and hit me back with your feedback.
1. After being on hiatus for almost two full years - I'm bringing back Hiphop IS Music!!!! I had to close the first chapter, and I was literally considering closing down the label permanently. The label was actually very successful right from the jump - but the surrounding circumstances in my life made it to much to handle. As a 24 year old man who didn't graduate high school I was touring with James Brown, running a label, preparing for my first child, paying bills on my first home and managing an increased income of over 7 times what I made in any previous years all at the same time. With a lot of things in my life, I"ve had to learn the hard way. Just sort of jump in the deep end and starting paddling my arms until I learned how to swim. I feel like I have the confidence and humility to continue approaching the record label, even if we remain operating on a small scale. So with that... our next release is right around the corner!!!! The first official solo album from Sojourn (of Future Shock) titled "Sojournalism: The Summer Articles" will be dropping September 1st. Rather then giving you a bunch of info about the record, I'm going to provide you with a link that includes a free mp3 download of the single, the album cover and a text document with the track-list and press release.
Download the file, pass it to your friends, post it on your blogs and all that fun stuff. For press, radio and tastemakers - email me directly and I'll provide you with a link for the entire advance!!! The release date is September 1st 2009. If you'd like to carry this album in your store then hit me up now so that I can prepare your order!!!
2. I will be hosting and performing at the National Federation of the Blind Youth Slam on July 29, 2009. The NFB Youth Slam is the most dynamic gathering of blind youth ever and the largest mentoring program for the blind in the country. This five day leadership academy inspires and engages blind youth in science, technology, engineering, and math subjects. On July 29, the event will feature a talent show with performances from NFB Youth Slam participants and a special guest MC--Braille! Learn more about the National Federation of the Blind at http://www.nfb.org and follow the NFB Youth Slam on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/NFBYouthSlam Location: NFB Jernigan Institute 1800 Johnson Street, Baltimore Maryland 21230
This is a huge honor for me and a step I'm excited to take as an ambassador for Braille literacy. You can read more about the event at the link below.
3. Blessed Man t-shirts!!! I have a limited stock of brand new "Blessed Man" shirts. You can view the shirt, as worn by Poems in my profile pictures at Myspace and Facebook. www.facebook.com/braillehiphop, www.myspace.com/braillebrizzy
I have sizes S-XXL. the cost is $20 (U.S. Shipping included) and you can pay using paypal to email@example.com
or by sending check/money order to
18485 sw stepping stone dr. #64
beaverton, or 97006
4. A quick CloudNineteen update. I have continued giving out CDs at all my concerts and by the end of this month we will have reached 15,000 units given away so far. This is halfway towards our goal of 30,000 total. Pretty insane. I definitely feel inspired to start working hard on my next album "Audibly Enhanced Dreams" right now. Hopefully I'll have some new tunes to leak in the next month or so.
5. Two final notes. Me and Nikki just celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary. We plan to start traveling together a lot more, and we both just got new 3G Iphones. So yeah, cool stuff. haha. My tour schedule is rocking for the rest of this month and August. Check out tour dates at braillehiphop.com
also, check me out on twitter. www.twitter.com/braillehiphop
- I don't really follow folks yet but if you wanna follow me I'll lead you down as many rabbit trails as possible.
Oh - and before I close out I want to say thank you to my local church community Solid Rock. I feel more connected then ever before, they have walked with me through the last couple months and I'm excited to serve there. You can check them out and even listen to some podcasts at www.ajesuschurch.org
Peace and GOD bless
Thank you, from Braille and the Hiphop Is Music team. www.braillehiphop.com
Read 1,124 times::
Subscribe to News by Email