What's that you say? A hip-hop mogul unhappy with BET? Well instead of just complaining about it, P. Miller (Master P) intends to do something about it. In an article published on www.EURWeb.com today, P announced that he is launching a new cable network called Better Black Television that will provide African American-themed fare geared towards the family. Miller assured Reuters that he still has "a great relationship" with Viacom and gave props to BET founder Bob Johnson, but clearly he is looking to knock Johnson off his #1 spot. Here's a proposed list of BBTV programming in the works for the network's debut.
* "Sunset and Vine": Video show hosted by Vyshonn Miller and Brittany Phillips that will showcase the top hip-hop and R&B acts as well as play classic videos.
* "One Shot Comedy Show": Comedy show hosted by Gary Johnson (a.k.a. G-Thing) featuring established and upcoming comedians.
* "Gee Gee the Giraffe": Children's educational show (will air Saturday morning on BBTV Kids).
* "Manage Your Money": Featuring financially successful people lending tips to promote financial literacy.
* "Close to the Starz": A behind-the-scenes show that takes the viewers up close and personal to their favorite celebrities.
* "Karma TV Show": Bilingual soap opera with an African-American and Latino cast.
* "What's Cooking TV Show": Talk show that covers wide aspects of entertainment and current events while cooking healthy, budget-conscious meals.
* "The Black List Movies": Film showcase featuring classic and contemporary movies, as well as original BBTV productions.
* "Hip-Hop Garage Show": Saturday show that will play new and upcoming music.
Read 1,228 times::
Subscribe to News by Email
© RapReviews.com, a Flash Web Design Exclusive