PRLog (Press Release) – Apr 09, 2011 – In celebration of Coamline Records five year anniversary, the Brooklyn-based indie is pleased to present you with their latest offering, Can You Dig It? This digital only, full-length compilation contains 15 tracks of the label’s singles catalog that has spanned over the past five years. Can You Dig It? boasts an impressive song roster from artists signed to the boutique label, in addition to a noteworthy line-up of guest features, both of which represent a wide brush-stroke of today’s underground hip-hop scene. Featured artists include El Da Sensei, Heltah Skeltah, Evidence, Saigon, Inspectah Deck, Bekay, Skyzoo, Supernatural, Big Noyd, Brown Bag AllStars, Torae, Custom Made & more!
From Coalmine’s 2005 inaugural 12-inch release of the “The Raw”, to El Da Sensei’s lead album single “Knowledge Be The Key” (featuring Rakaa Iriscience), Can You Dig It? is a testimony to Coalmine’s vow to provide quality, buzz-worthy records to the masses.
Matt Diamond, C.E.O. of Coalmine Records makes the following statement regarding the release of the anniversary compilation. “I decided to compile this release for two reasons. For starters, it’s only right to release a compilation that best represents the quality, buzz-worthy music that we’ve released over the greater part of the past decade. The second reason is a bit more personal; this release is an ode to the single. For many artists and labels, the 12-inch single represents a humble beginning. Consider Def Jam’s inaugural ‘dorm room’ release of the single “It’s Yours” from T La Rock & Jazzy Jay. For others, it may signify a come back or fresh start, as was the case with Pharoahe Monch’s transition into solo artist stardom with his hit single “Simon Says” off Internal Affairs. For all of us, it represents the epitome of what we have to offer musically.”
“Can You dig It? embodies the essence of the 12-inch single, bundled for consumption as a 15 track digital-only release. We invite you to take a walk with us through the past five years and familiarize yourself with our singles catalog. On behalf of Coalmine Records, I can assure you – there’s much more to come…” Diamond concludes.
As Coalmine Records continues to gain momentum into the second decade of the millennium, the burgeoning indie provides a thorough overview of their past and current catalog, while giving you a glimpse into their promising future with Can You Dig It?
01. Dutchmaster – “The Raw” feat. Saigon, Inspectah Deck & Bekay (prod. by Street Orchestra)
02. Supernatural – “Altitude” (prod. by Marco Polo)
03. Big Noyd – “All Out” feat. Phil The Agony, Krondon & Mista Sinista (prod. by Shuko)
04. CL Smooth – “Perfect Timing” feat. Skyzoo (prod. by M-Phazes)
05. Armyfatique – “The Game Don’t Change” feat. Trife Da God (prod. by Armyfatique)
06. BURNTmd – “Microphone Doctor” (prod. by Reef Ali)
07. XL – “Violate” feat. Juganot & Dutchmaster (prod. by Shuko)
08. Heltah Skeltah – “Midnight Madness” feat. DJ Revolution (prod. by Shuko)
09. Skyzoo – “Strung Out” feat. Dutchmaster (Small Professor Remix)
10. Bekay – “I Am” feat. DJ Revolution (prod. by The Alchemist)
11. Brown Bag AllStars – “League of Intoxicated Gentlemen” (S.2 Remix)
12. Cimer Amor – “Another Classic” feat. Burke, Torae, Side Effect & DJ Waxwork (prod. by Cimer Amor)
13. El Da Sensei & The Returners – “Knowledge Be The Key” feat. Rakaa Iriscience
14. Custom Made – “Watch That” feat. Mac Lucci (prod. by THX)
15. One Dae – “Play By Play” feat. Evidence & Dutchmaster (prod. by JBL the Titan)