From Mitchell Dudley:
FELA's Movement of the People (GET INVOLVED)
There are Fela "Movement of the People" (M.O.P.) parties to celebrate the people of the world fighting for their rights –
(See markets and dates below.)
Stand with the people across Africa and the Middle East and get inspired by Fela's music!
Party giveaways include Fela CDs, buttons and Posters.
May 12/Portland OR /Someday Lounge
May 28/Austin TX/Malverde
May 28/Indianapolis/Urban Element
June 1/Chicago/Global Soul
June 4/Burlington VT/Burlington's Discover Jazz Festival
June 6/Houston/The Fla
Here are some ways YOU can get involved:
· Come to an M.O.P party and hear the new Fela Kuti re-releases, which include all recordings made with Fela's Egypt 80 band.
· Upcoming events are listed here.
· Create your own M.O.P. party by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll send you posters, buttons, and music to help support the cause.
· Grab our M.O.P FB profile badge, banners, and the free M.O.P. SoundCloud widget, upload and tag them in Facebook, on other social networks, and on your website.
· Download the free M.O.P. stencil, and stencil it around your nabe or city. www.fela.net/files/mop
· Help us spread the word! Click on the buttons below to share this page on Twitter and Facebook. To get updates, giveaways, and more, follow @felakuti on Twitter and like our official Facebook page.
Fela's Movement Of the People lives today.
Read 348 times::
Subscribe to News by Email