Hey hey -
Please excuse the consistent updates. When it's close to release time I usually send 1 per week because there is so much going on. So here are a few updates.
1. My trip to San Diego was really fresh. I locked myself in Syntax studios for 14 plus hours a day and finished over half of my next record. We even recorded guest appearances while I was in town - Surreal and Sojourn both dropped in to lay down their parts. Sam Hart came in to sing a couple hooks and Shane was my engineer for all the sessions. I had a good time working with Shane, he can get things done in Pro Tools much faster then I can. It allowed me to just focus on being creative and he was able to execute all my ideas with precision, plus add in ideas of his own.
2. On Feb. 12th I had my first performance at a correctional facility for 2009. It was an amazing experience and a confirmation that this is something I need to be doing. I wrote a whole blog about it titled "The Vision: Act 1" which can be read at www.braillehiphop.com
3. The first leg of the "CloudNineteen" tour is officially booked and starts Feb. 25th. Below is a press release on that.
The official Braille and S1 "CloudNineteen" tour.
On Feb. 25th Braille and S1 will be embarking on a month long tour visiting cities in Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The duo will be celebrating their new record "CloudNineteen" and also putting their mission statement into action. Over the course of 30 days they will be performing at an eclectic line up of venues and facilities. One thing that makes this tour so unique is that the majority of the shows are free and catered towards an all ages audience. Another bonus of the tour is that Braille and S1 will be handing out free copies of their new album "CloudNineteen" to everyone in attendance at their shows. So far they have raised enough money to give away 5,000 units. Both artists are very excited to connect with the younger generation and plant seeds in their lives. Fans can expect a high energy show every night filled with new material and classic selections from their back catalogs. You can view the entire tour route below including dates and addresses. For more in-depth information about each event you can visit www.braillehiphop.com and stay in the loop or email Braillehiphop@hotmail.com
Feb. 25th - Calvary Fellowship in Mountlake Terrace, WA (all ages / free)
23302 56th avenue west
Feb. 26th - Bendistillery in Bend, OR (21+ / free)
850 nw brooks st
Feb. 27th - Chemawa Indian School in Salem, OR (day show, not open to public)
Feb. 27th - Berbatis Pan in Portland, OR (all ages / $8)
231 sw ankeny
Feb. 28th - Vera Project in Seattle, WA (all ages / $8)
1916 Fourth Ave
Mar. 1st - Vancouver, WA (all ages / free)
10800 ne 76th st.
Mar. 3rd - Bill Wilson Center in Santa Clara, CA (all ages / free) (early show)
3490 The Alameda
Mar. 4th - The Barn in Riverside, CA (all ages / free)
900 universtiy ave
Mar. 5th - Salvation Army in Compton, CA (all ages / free) (early show)
736 e. compton blvd.
Mar. 5th - Little Temple in Los Angeles, CA (21+ / $5)
4519 santa monica blvd.
Mar. 6th - Set It Off 3 in San Diego, CA (all ages / free)
3065 beyer blvd. Ste B-102
Mar. 7th - Salvation Army in Escondido, CA (all ages / free) (early show)
1301 las villas way
Mar. 7th - Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA (all ages / free)
1 Saddleback parkway (refinery building)
Mar. 8th - San Marcos, CA (TBA)
Mar. 10th - Stray Cats in Tempe, AZ (21+ / $5)
2433 west university drive
Mar. 11th - Arizona (TBA)
Mar. 12th - Dove in Flagstaff, AZ (all ages / $5)
2211 east 7th avenue
Mar. 13th - Open Aired in Winterhaven, CA (all ages / $5)
2103 Winterhaven Dr.
Mar. 15th - Victory Outreach in Albuquerque, NM (all ages / free)
913 sunset rd.
Mar. 18th - The Center in Irving, TX (all ages / free)
2901 west irving blvd
MAR 19th to 21st - SXSW in Austin, TX
Mar. 23rd - Fletcher Mission Center in Houston, TX (all ages / free)
1913 Fletcher Street
4. Feedback so far for the "CloudNineteen" album has been really encouraging. I could throw a couple quotes here but I'd rather let people form their own opinions once they get a chance to hear it. Pre-orders are currently up at www.360vinyl.com, www.accesshiphop.com, www.sphereofhiphopstore.com, www.qualityjunk.com, www.dabus-shop.com and www.ughh.com
5. I did an interview with Da South and they asked some interesting questions. You can check that out at
Thanks for your time and I hope to see ya'll at a show in the near future.
If you need images to help promote any events or the music in general then you can download them from
Thank you, from Braille and the Hiphop Is Music team.
www.braillehiphop.com | www.hiphopismusic.com
Read 477 times::
Subscribe to News by Email